Serving: About 6 pancankes
1 bowl (rice bowl) of cooked white / brown rice
½ cooked carrot, roughly chopped
1 cooked potato, cut into small cubes
¼ cooked broccoli, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 fresh brown mushrooms, chopped
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
Grapeseed oil for the pan
1) Heat 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil in a pan, saute the chopped onions and mushrooms till fragrant.
2) In a big bowl, mix the cooked rice, carrot, potato, broccoli, onions and mushrooms (in method 1).
3) Then fold in an egg and parmesan cheese, pinch of salt and black pepper.
4) Coat a large nonstick pan with grapeseed oil and place it over medium heat.
5) Once the pan is hot, use a soup spoon to scoop the batter and place it directly into the pan. After a minute, press the cake with the back of a spatula to flatten.
6) Cook another 2 minutes on the first side until golden brown. Flip the pancake over, then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown as well.
7) Repeat the process in method (5) and (6) until all the batter is used up.